This content is for people wishing to install GEOME on their own server.
GEOME consists of a core set of Java classes and REST services. Developers have a choice of interacting with the REST services running _BCID, which has built in EZID minting capabilities, or running their own instance of _BCID and installing their own EZID instance requiring a purchase of an EZID account.
To run an instance of FIMS you will need the following components:
- A unix-based server * A java servlet container e.g. Tomcat, Glassfish, Jetty * Connection to a BCID service
Installation and Build – Migrating an existing installation¶
- Source code is available on this site via github
- Building is done via an Gradle build file (provided as part of the distribution)
- a properties file needs to be configured by copying biocode-fims.template to biocode-fims.props (in the root directory of the distribution)
- Install the following software
- bcid and geome-db repositories (from github)
- Properties file
- update properties files in src/main/environment/production
gradle war deploy build/libs/geome-db.war (do the above for both bcid and geome-db)
generate openapi document using gradle resolve